The server is under maintenance between 08:00 to 12:00 (GMT+08:00), and please visit later.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused
Login  | Sign Up  |  Oriprobe Inc. Feed
China/Asia On Demand
Journal Articles
Laws/Policies/Regulations
Companies/Products
Bookmark and Share
ANALYSIS OF GENETIC DIVERISTY AND POPULATION STRUCTURE OF CORBICULA FLUMINEA IN HONGZE LAKE IN MITOCHONDRIAL COI GENE SEQUENCE
Author(s): 
Pages: 1339-1346
Year: Issue:  6
Journal: Oceanologia et Limnologia Sinica

Keyword:  genetic diversityCOI geneCorbicula flumineaHongze Lake;
Abstract: To understand the genetic diversity and genetic structure of Corbicula fluminea populations in Hongze Lake, East China, we amplified the mitochondrial cytochromec oxidase subunit I(COI) gene fragments of the populations in four lake areas [Gulehe(GLH), Linhuai(LH), Jiangba(JB), and Gaoliangjian(GLJ)] with PCR(polymerase chain reaction). The PCR products were purified and sequenced, from which 614 bp nucleotide sequences were obtained. The results show that:(1) the average contents of A+T(65.0%) were significantly higher than those of G+C(35.0%) in the fragment. Seventy-three polymorphic sites were detected, which represented for 11.9% of the total length of the sequenced COI gene. Twenty-two haplotypes(Gen Bank accession numbers: KM659000—KM659021) were defined out of 77 individuals from these four populations. The haplotype diversity(h), the nucleotide diversity(π) and the average number of nucleotide differences(K) was 0.883, 0.00799, and 27.622, respectively. The genetic diversity of the JB population was the highest among the four, and the GLH population was the lowest;(2) the Kimura 2-parameters genetic distance among all haplotypes ranged from 0.002 to 0.1, and the average genetic distance was 0.0514. As shown in the NJ phylogenetic tree, 22 COI haplotypes could be divided into two lineages;(3) the genetic distance among the four C. fluminea populations varied from 0.03729 to 0.049. In among-population genetic distance, two populations of GLJ and GLH were clustered in one clade and the other two formed another;(4) analysis of molecular variance(AMOVA) across population showed that the fixation index(Fst) was 0.06325(P>0.05), of which the majority of them(93.67%) was within population, and the rest was among population(6.33%);(5) mismatch distribution and neutrality test indicates that C. fluminea population expansion has not taken place in Hongze Lake.
Related Articles
No related articles found